No matter how much we try or want to, we don’t get to workout and go to the gym nearly as we’d like to. With work, school, studying, relationships, friends, family, and just about everything else on our plate–we barely have time to breathe, let alone get dressed and get in the gym. We’ll do just about anything to get an easy workout in when life gets jam-packed, so when we find exercises we can do from our chair in the office (or even at school), it’s promising.
9. Seated Leg Raise:
Essentially, working out your quads and glutes will correlate over to your abs. Any workout is good for burning some unwanted fat.
- Sit with your back flat on the chair.
- Lift your left leg up until it’s perfectly straight and parallel to the floor.
- Place your left leg down.
- Repeat with your right leg.
- Repeat 20-30 times.
8. Torso Turns:
Perfect during those downtime moments at work and easy to do.
- Twist your torso to the left
- Twist your torso to the right
- Repeat 30-40 times
7. Double Knee Lift:
Essentially, you want to do crunches to get the max-ab effect, but, Karen from accounting will rat you out to your boss. You can easily do this workout at your desk and it targets all the muscles in your stomach region.
- Bring your legs together
- Hold the sides of the chair with both hands
- With a straight back, lift your knees and pull them to your chest – flex your abdominal muscles.
- Put your feet down, but don’t touch the floor
- Repeat 10-20 times
6. Knee-To-Chest Lift:
Like the double knee lift, this targets your unwanted belly fat in a simple, quick workout that doesn’t take much work (aka, you can sit down and do this). Instead of using both knees, you’ll isolate each individual knees.
- Sit down on a chair with a straight spine. Do not let your back touch the chair
- Place your feet on the floor, hip-width apart
- With a straight back, lift your right knee and pull to your chest – keep your belly sucked in
- Put your hands on your shin and draw the knee closer.
- Repeat 20-30 times by alternating your knees
5. Double Knee Lift With Side Bends:
This targets your belly fat just like the regular double knee lift but isolates your sides to get those lines you so desperately want for summer.
- Sit on the edge of your chair with a straight back
- Bend your body to the side, sit on one glute
- Keep your legs together, lift both knees to your chest as you did in the last exercise
- Repeat on the other side
- Repeat 10-20 times
4. Toe Touches:
Not only will this target your belly fat and bring you closer to some washboard abs, this will also help you in the hip area.
- Keep your feet on the floor, about as wide as the chair
- Extend your arms in front of you
- Turn your body to the right, bend, and touch your left foot with your right hand
- Hold this position for a few breaths
- Turn your body to the left, bend and touch your right foot with your left hand
- Repeat 20-30 times, alternating sides
3. Full Body Lift:
Make sure you’re in a stable chair before you do this (aka no wheel-y chairs).
- Sit in the chair and hold the arms of the chair tightly
- Lift your body above the seat of the chair, so that your hips and legs hang in the air
- Use your abdominal muscles to raise your knees to your chest
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds, then slowly lower down
- Repeat 4 times
2. Knee To Elbow Lift:
This will target your belly fat and your thighs–win/win all around.
- Sit with your back straight, do not let it touch the chair
- Put your hands behind your head
- Lift your right knee to your chest
- Twist and bend your torso so that your left elbow touches your right knee
- Return to the starting position and repeat 15 times.
- Lift your left knee to your chest
- Twist and bend your torso so that your right elbow touches your left knee
- Return to the starting position and repeat 15 times
1. Oblique Stretches:
By targeting your glutes and legs, your entire body will follow in the calorie burn-sesh.
- Stand beside the chair and place your left hand on the arm of the chair
- Raise your right hand above your head
- Lift your right leg and bend the knee so that your heel touches near your bum
- Slowly lower your right hand so that it can touch the heel of your foot
- Change the hand and leg and repeat on the other side 10-15 times
- Do a series of 4 for each side