TikTok user Hillary Zinks gave a public service announcement to make sure what happened to her, doesn’t happen to you.
Brace yourselves, because the confessional you are about to hear is so 2020.
This girl went to the emergency room because her thong almost killed her.
We feel for Hillary because what she endured is not comical by any means; however, she barely got through sharing her anecdote without bursting into fits of laughter.
Which is probably why her video was viewed over 5 million times. After seeing the hilarious clip, you might understand how her infectious charisma will likely have you save your pity for unadopted pets instead.
See her relive the painful story here and try not to smile.
GET CHECKED if you have new symptoms you have and NO IDEA why ! It can save your life
When she complained about excruciating pain in her fanny, her mother was unable to locate anything. So she was taken to the ER where a doctor discovered she had an abscess.
The culprit was the thong, which apparently caused a micro abrasion where the sun doesn’t shine.
To get more details, Buzzfeed reached out to Hillary, who told the media outlet about her brush with death.
“If I ignored my abscess, it could have poisoned my blood and eventually killed me!”
“Luckily, my mom made me go to the ER, which led to the surgery and no long-lasting problems. I told the story to let people know that when you have strange symptoms and you have NO IDEA how they started, it’s a good idea to get it checked out.”
View this post on Instagram
After admitting the thong was a little too snug on her, Hillary recalled when the iniquitous undergarment cruelly cut into her.
“I remember the exact moment it happened: I pulled up my pants and also pulled my thong, and I pulled it a little too hard/high.”
“I felt a small pinch, but the pain went away almost instantly. I didn’t connect the incident to the thong until I went to the doctor and he asked me if I wore them. Then I remembered that moment.”
Hillary said this type of cyst/abscess was common but the stigma around it prevents awareness about the condition.
She was surprised to find how her situation was not so unique when others came forward with similar experiences in the comments.
“People don’t talk about it because they think it’s ‘gross.’ If you read the comments [in my video], the amount of people who can relate is INSANE. I did not expect that at all.”
“I’ve also gotten tons of messages (from mostly girls) thanking me for sharing my story, and even women saying they set up a doctor’s appointment to get checked out.”